Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pramod Kukanur - Person Initiating This Blog

Note:

If you are keen and have queries, please contact Coach Rameshon at 9100 4369 or you can email him at m.rameshon@gmail.com or swift.rameshon@gmail.com. Please refer to website http://flexifitness.com.sg (for more information on him and his programmes)

By Rameshon
Bsc (Hons) Degree in Physical Education, Loughborough University (1992-1994)

Masters in Education (University of Western Australia, 2005-2008)

Pramod Kukanur's Personal Report On Exercise As A Lifetime Pursuit. 



My age 27 and I am from Hubli, Karnataka, near Bangalore. Since I am from a traditional Brahmin family, I only consume vegetarian food. 

When I was young I was studying for 10 years in St. Marris Kannada medium school.  From 1999 -2001 I joined PC Jabins Science College for my pre-university studies. At Hubli, Manipal University, I finally did my MSC in Computers.

When I came here to work in Singapore in the year 2008, I was weighing 80kg. Over time, I was weighing 86kg. Most of the days, I used to eat Veg Briyani. I was also taking Maggie Noodle for fast food. It was in Sept 2008 that I found that I was getting bigger. I was also eating a lot of junk food. 

Another reason for me to keep putting on weight is because of the lifestyle that I was leading. I was not eating properly according to time. Over time, I was feeling upset about my weight. I was finding for exercise places in Singapore and I was not familiar. Eventually, I met Rameshon. While I was doing a once in a blue moon exercise at Mt Faber, I met him. I was interested to exercise but I did not know how to go about. 

I also had a painful sensation on my back of the foot, near the heel area. I did not know who can me to get me out of this sustained injury. I badly wanted this injury to go. I tried seeing a doctor but he was giving me a painkiller. 

It was around Dec 2009. I had an interest in losing weight. I just started talking to him and I realised that this person had an athletic physique. I was interested in how he was able to maintain this sportsman type of physique.

I decided to ask some questions and he came forward to give me some suggestions. Since he was quoting his message from several researches, I realised that I would like to keep in touch with this person who is voluntary in helping and speak endlessly when it comes to exercise for life. 

Rameshon invited me to different places in Singapore to do exercises. We became exercising parters. He was bringing me to more natural settings like the East Coast Parkway, MacRitchie and Parks which link Mt Faber all the way to Science Park. I allocated a time to exercise and he brought me for trekking. He also introduced me to some circuits that he used to do in his University. He also adapted the training to my fitness level. From fitness zero, I was getting fitter. I was trekking successively once a week from 5km to 8km. Over time, I moved up to 10km and went up to 15km walks. Eventually, once I was able to walk about 40km and I enjoyed the walks thoroughly. 

Other days, I used to do a 20min to 30min run. Over a period of 6months, my weight went down to 75kg. I was happy and my heel problem was also going. Probably because of the way to walk and run was taught by Rameshon. I was not getting pain anymore and the pain vanished. I learned about shoes through the discussions I had with Rameshon.

Over time, I just felt like running and did not feel like walking. Rameshon told me that the Maggie noodle soup is not good for the body and it is ok to take Maggie noodle once in a while. However, he insisted to me Maggie Masala, specially made noodle sold in Serangoon Road, and told me the benefits of consuming. He told me that Maggie Masala does also provide good immunity to the body.  The spices help prevent injuries. I started purchasing this item and felt good over time. I was afraid that due to Monosodium in Maggie noodle sold here which could lead me to hair loss.

Above all, my confidence that I was losing over a period of time was starting to come back. I felt good. about myself and started to exercise regularly and consume food regularly and according to mealtime.

Finally, I told Rameshon that what I have experienced I would like others to experience. I told Rameshon to come out with a blog to help others. Immediately, he told me that this will be a good service but he did not know how to create. As an IT person, I find that I also did not know. I started to adventure on the blog and told Rameshon to key in the password and the blog started. 

My advice to everyone is I believe that health is wealth. Even though a person can be rich, without good health he is still considered poor as he cannot reap the benefits of being rich and health is also considered by Indians as one of the forms of 8 wealth. Success is one form of wealth. I have learnt a valuable lesson not to revert myself to an unhealthy lifestyle. 

I have learnt a valuable lesson to continue exercise and would do this throughout my life so that muscles and bone remain. I was shocked to hear from Rameshon that if you don't exercise, at the age of 70 we can lose about 30% of the muscle. This muscle will disappear and it will never come back any more. In order to retard the ageing process, I realised that exercise is very important. 

Finally, I initiated this blog to Rameshon so that people take to eat a healthy diet, exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle. Also, in the pursuit of getting promoted etc and work very hard, it is advisable to remember to take stock of what we are eating.

I realised that fruits and vegetables are very important in life and that eating healthy will prevent diseases like diabetes, heart problems like coronary heart diseases, cancer etc.

The sad thing is IT people don't get a chance to exercise. They sit too long on the seat. I feel that all the more they should exercise and I wish everyone in the pursuit of wealth not to forget about health. 

As Rameshon is doing weight management program professionally, before I go to India on 31st May, I told him to put his company on this blog and he relented to this after some persuasion from me. I have also got a job in India and am going back hoping that Rameshon and his wife would visit India at my place one day.

Finally, I would like to thank Rameshon for all his help he has given me and hope that others will benefit from his blog as well.  

Rameshon e-mail is m.rameshon@gmail.com  on weight management service. Anyone having problem having injuries can still e-mail him for suggestions and advice.


Note:

By Narayanan
Rameshon has taught in Hwa Chong Institution, plus several schools, and Republic Polytechnic as well. He has won many accolades and he was awarded Merit Award for 1991 marathon performance in breaking the national record of Singapore, at that time. He has made 22 male athletes do a marathon in sub-3hrs. He has made 7 female runners do sub-4 hours for the marathon, as well. He was inducted to the ‘Roll of Honour’  by the then College of Physical Education, organised by Singapore Olympic Academy, in 1998, for breaking the National record repeatedly 4 times, till he did 2hr 24min 22sec).

He also has a Coaching group and he trains them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm at Botanic Gardens. Those interested can call him at 91004369 for coaching assistance, to improve performance. There is also personal training that he does for many in a week. You can e-mail him at swift.rameshon@gmail.com.